It is no secret that Egg Whites contain the highest grade of muscle building protein you can get. I can easily eat scrambled egg whites every day without tiring of them. However, you can add various ingredients that provide lots of flavor, which will allow you to use eggs for breakfast, lunch and dinner…day after day, year after year! Here is one of my favorites:
- Add 1-2 Tbs Olive Oil, 1/2 Tsp of Minced Garlic, a handful of chopped Red Onion, 1 sliced Red Pepper and a small package of Portabello Mushrooms to a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat
- Cook until mushrooms, onions and Red Pepper all shrink in size
- Set those cooked ingredients aside in a large bowl
- Return frying pan back on the the heat and add 6-12 Egg Whites with one Yolk, add a dash of salt and pepper
- Scramble eggs to desired texture and place on plate
- Top eggs with the Mushroom, Onion and Pepper mix
- Lightly sprinkle Low-fat or Fat-Free Cheese on top and enjoy!
I cook the eggs and other ingredients separately because the dish is much more flavorful that way, however if you are in a rush, you can add them all together at once and cook them. Be creative with ingredients, this will make the same eggs taste different every time. How you eat determines everything else! Go Getem!