Despite getting a bad rap back in the day for being too high in fat, Macadamia nuts and Macadamia Nut Oil are now very popular in the fitness community. Yes, they contain a lot of fat but over 80% of it is Monounsaturated which means it is almost entirely comprised of “good fats” that your body can utilize for energy production rather than simple fat storage. In moderate amounts, the great tasting Macadamia nut is a great addition to any healthy meal format. With that in mind, enjoy!
- 6-12 oz. of Unsweetened, Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1-2 servings of a high quality, low/no sugar, Vanilla Protein Powder (Our favorite is Beverly International’s Vanilla flavored Ultimate Muscle Protein)
- 1 handful or 1/4 cup of Roasted Macadamia Nuts…just enough for the flavor!
- 2-3 Tbs of Sugar-Free/Fat-Free, White Chocolate flavored Jell-O Instant Pudding Mix. This gives the shake a thick, smooth consistency and perfect flavor match to the Macadamia nuts!
- Blend to desired consistency and enjoy!
Note: For a balanced meal replacement, you can add 1/2 to 1 cup of Raw Oats.