Keeping your nutrition format simple is the key to success. All too often, people fall short of their goals because they get too fancy with their meal plans which just adds clutter to both their minds and kitchens. Clutter breeds inconsistency, so streamline your foods to the basics, toss in variation every few weeks to keep things fresh and then repeat!
Protein shakes are great as a nutrient rich in-between meal option or a full meal replacement and they offer countless yet simple variations of flavor and ingredients. Here is a blend that we highly recommend:
- 6-10 oz. of Unsweetened, Vanilla Almond Milk (We recommend Blue Diamond brand Almond Milk)
- 1-2 servings of a high quality, low/no sugar, Vanilla Protein Powder (A quality yet inexpensive option is Optimum Nutrition’s Performance Whey 100% Isolate: Vanilla flavor)
- 1 handful or 1/4 cup of Raw Almonds…great flavor and source of healthy fats!
- 2 Tbs of Sugar-Free/Fat-Free, Vanilla flavored Jell-O Instant Pudding Mix. This gives the shake a thick, smooth consistency and perfect flavor match to the Almonds!
- 1-2 Ice Cubes
- Blend to desired consistency and enjoy!
Note: For a balanced meal replacement, you can add 1/2 to 1 cup of Raw Oats or 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Natural Oat Bran