If you want to get the best out of both your mind and body, your foundation is only as strong as your nutritional program. That program undeniably relies on a healthy breakfast.
With over-scheduled lives and little time, people are finding it hard to get a breakfast that supplies them with the nutrition that their body needs to set the tone for a healthy eating format. That is where a meal replacement smoothie comes in!
They are easy to make, quick and offer countless yet simple variations of flavor and ingredients. Here is a great, balanced blend of protein, quality carbs and essential fats:
- 6-10 oz. of Unsweetened, Vanilla Almond Milk (We recommend Blue Diamond brand Almond Milk)
- 1-2 servings of a high quality, low/no sugar, Vanilla Protein Powder (A quality yet inexpensive option is Optimum Nutrition’s Performance Whey 100% Isolate: Vanilla flavor)
- 1/3 -1/2 Cup of Raw Oats of raw Oat Bran. (Oat Bran is an amazing source of carb-energy and 1/3 cup provides 7g of fiber, and 7g of protein! We recommend Bob’s Red Mill High Fiber Oat Bran)
- 1 handful or 1/4 cup of Raw Almonds…great flavor and source of healthy fats!
- 2 Tbs of Sugar-Free/Fat-Free, Vanilla or Chocolate flavored Jell-O Instant Pudding Mix. (This gives the smoothie a thick, smooth consistency and perfect flavor match to the Almonds!)
- 1-2 Ice Cubes
- Blend to desired consistency and enjoy!
Links to the products we mentioned: